"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Central Casting

So many things happened at Ken and Maria's office,  the Central Casting, at Filmore's...That was the place to meet with fellow 'movie makers', lookin for a job. I loved to stop over at this place each time I was around.....  But there's one typical event I like to mention to this matter. It happened one day in '88, on my way back home to Naic. I had visited some friends in Manila and stranded in Makati due to a pick-pocket asshole. He got my wallet and everything in it... Gone was my plane ticket to Holland, my drivers license and of course my fuckin' money: a couple a hundrs.!! All I had left on change was some 2 or 3 peso's. Not enough to pay my fee home.

What to do.??

It wasn't too far from C.C. so I made an emergency stop at theirs and told my story. There weren't any activities around the place ( I'v seen different so many times when it was crowded-up by hundreds of extras and a bunch of transportation vehicles in the streets. )

Now I can't remember her name, guys help me on this one, but this secretary of Maria's was about to open her purse to help me out when Ken opened the door to his office and invited me in. I told him the bad news and he laughed.  "Don't worry Bert, you'll get home! ", he said and handed me 100 pesos.
 Ken Metcalfe in:  Warriors.

There were no other people but Maria and some other guy whom I never met before, we had time to do some private chatting and we discussed my healing-activities and some movie stuff. He seemed to be pleased and said he wouldn't mind having me on the set just for the healing chapter.. My ego smiled from left to right ear...
And then: "To enable you to pay me back you need a job, right? Hahahaha, keep in touch  the next couple a weeks  'cause Chuck Norris is coming back to town!"

That's how a pickpocket made this an 'end good, all good' story, 
'cause  'Missing in Action 3' was coming up...!!!

But what I wanted to say is that one could walk into this place and be treated a friend...
Good feelings only for Central Casting. 
Thanks Ken and Maria Metcalfe for the wonderful times.

 
read more

No comments: